SSL Sockets

Hey Guys,

I noticed this comment in the nameko.web.server:

"it's only needed to ssl sockets which we don't support"

Does that mean no dice for ssl over websockets? Is there a technical reason
it's not possible or just not implemented yet?

Thanks,
Conor

Hi,

afraid i don't quite recall, though i might have been assuming that ssl
would be terminated before the request hits nameko (e.g. proxied from nginx)

david

···

On Thursday, 25 February 2016 19:53:57 UTC, Conor Seabrook wrote:

Hey Guys,

I noticed this comment in the nameko.web.server:

"it's only needed to ssl sockets which we don't support"

Does that mean no dice for ssl over websockets? Is there a technical
reason it's not possible or just not implemented yet?

Thanks,
Conor

Thanks David, I was planning on using nginx for this. Sounds like it should
be doable.

···

On Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 3:41:13 PM UTC-5, David Szotten wrote:

Hi,

afraid i don't quite recall, though i might have been assuming that ssl
would be terminated before the request hits nameko (e.g. proxied from nginx)

david

On Thursday, 25 February 2016 19:53:57 UTC, Conor Seabrook wrote:

Hey Guys,

I noticed this comment in the nameko.web.server:

"it's only needed to ssl sockets which we don't support"

Does that mean no dice for ssl over websockets? Is there a technical
reason it's not possible or just not implemented yet?

Thanks,
Conor

My recollection is that we struggled to fully test SSL termination.
We decided it was OK to drop support for it because the usual case would be
to terminate at an external server, such as nginx.

···

On Thursday, 25 February 2016, Conor Seabrook <conor.seabrook@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks David, I was planning on using nginx for this. Sounds like it
should be doable.

On Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 3:41:13 PM UTC-5, David Szotten wrote:

Hi,

afraid i don't quite recall, though i might have been assuming that ssl
would be terminated before the request hits nameko (e.g. proxied from nginx)

david

On Thursday, 25 February 2016 19:53:57 UTC, Conor Seabrook wrote:

Hey Guys,

I noticed this comment in the nameko.web.server:

"it's only needed to ssl sockets which we don't support"

Does that mean no dice for ssl over websockets? Is there a technical
reason it's not possible or just not implemented yet?

Thanks,
Conor

--

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"nameko-dev" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to nameko-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','nameko-dev%2Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com');>
.
To post to this group, send email to nameko-dev@googlegroups.com
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','nameko-dev@googlegroups.com');>.
To view this discussion on the web, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nameko-dev/7c04570c-b225-4a12-905a-c6ec18b80943%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nameko-dev/7c04570c-b225-4a12-905a-c6ec18b80943%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Thanks guys. SSL termination with nginx is working as expected.